I purchased a prom dress here for my daughter it was received earlier than expected and thank goodness for that.We had chosen to do custom measurements vs choosing a dress size.

I submitted the measurements that we obtained professionally locally. The dress was way off on the measurements ie... I ordered 45 bust the dress is only 36-38 at most. Really this is unacceptable.

So a week before prom I am now scrambling to find a dress for her that fits and can be altered within the time frame.

I have contacted them regarding the error and I have not heard back from them after they requested photos of the error and I submitted them.

Had an Experience with FabulousPromDress?

Comments

This is the area that the dressmaker themselves sent me pictures to measure from as they used that area to make the dress.With this dress being an EMPIRE waist line with no back to the dress of the upper torso this is where the measurement was taken to make the dress.

As for the measuring of my daughter I most certainly can assure you that she does measure a 45 around the fullest part of the dress. I assure you that I followed their instructions on where to measure the dress when I contacted them that it did not fit. The person emailed me photos of where to exactly measure and I did as requested. So Gimme-A-Break and Anonymous from South Dakota for you to assume that I am at fault in this matter is incorrect.

The most thing that I am irritated about is that my daughter who has had a trying time throughout her academic life has decided to go to the prom ALONE and make a statement on behalf of herself and others.

I wanted to make sure she stood out in the crowd with the dress she had chosen as we could not find any locally that met what she was looking for.We ended up having to settle for a Mother of the bride dress (IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T FIGURED THIS PART OUT - SHE IS A LARGE GIRL AND THE FRILLY PROM DRESSES ARE NOT MADE AFTER A SIZE 16 NOR CAN THEY BE ALTERED TO ACCOMODATE).

Gimme-A-Break

Yeah even I know that part of the dress is not the bust, and i'm a guy. Something tells me you did the measurements yourself.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #651304

Where you have the tape measure in the photo isn't the bust.The bust measurement would be the fullest part of the bust.

Where you have the tape measure is below the bust. What kind of professionals did the measurements for you? If you have professionals that can take measurements where you live, you must have stores that sell formal wear----why didn't you buy a dress locally?

That would have saved you a lot of problems.