FabulousPromDress - Terrible customer service

Update added by user Jun 27, 2013

As of today June 27, 2013 they are saying there inspectors said the dress is in perfect condition! They offered me half my money back, by doing that they know the dress is not wearable. Need to take more action

Original review posted by user Jun 13, 2013

I purchased a prom gown for my daughter.I thought it would be great to go with their custom alterations.

When I got the dress it was uneven. The zipper was crooked on the side, all the fabric was bunched in the front and did not lie flat on her stomach. There also wa a black mark on the side if the dress. I emailed them and they said they would give me $15.00 for the problem.

I thought they were crazy. You can NOT wear this dress. I mailed it back on 5/18/13 and when I tracked the dress it said they got it on 5/28/13.

Today is 6/13/13 and their saying they don't have the dress.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 17 Yes 17 16 No 16
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 25 #1100751

Oh look another hide behind your keyboard troll. It's a prom dress oh maybe you don't know what prom dresses look like.

2 1 Reply

Jan 20 #1097759

I'll never understand why people want to dress their children like prostitutes.

Nov 18, 2015 #1066030

I just got an email about this post from two years ago haha...This is what happens to boring, no life people, they comment on a post that started two years ago! Smh

1 0 Reply

Nov 18, 2015 #1065894

This is what happens to cheap people .. They buy cheap things. There's an upside for them though; they get to indulge their habit of whining online for weeks and weeks after they "get what they pay for" HAHA!!

0 2 Reply

Dec 17, 2014 #917313 Mountain View, California

Well the ppl overseas are making a he.ll of alot more than .22 an hour anonymous. And what ppl want and expect is exactly whats advertised. You anonymous are obviously a republican.

2 2 Reply

Nov 03, 2014 #894762

You wanted a $300 dress for $150. What do you expect? If the people making the dress are paid $.22 and the material cost $5 you'll get a crappy, badly made dress. You got what you paid for.

3 7 Reply

Nov 03, 2014 #894786

Chill out anonymous perfect person! I did get a full refund and bought a beautiful dress at BCBG. Are you happy for us?

10 0 Reply

Oct 14, 2014 #884492 East Islip, New York

Backyard Ben, when I first posted this some people said I was lying about the dress. Just look at the pictures!! That's why I wrote that, nothing towards you.

2 0 Reply

Oct 13, 2014 #884096 Danville, Virginia

This is terrible from what i can see My mother handmade many a prom and other dresses its a lost art.

Nov 07, 2013 #739199 Des Moines, Iowa

What means did you ship the dress back? I am finding it costs as much as I paid for the dress. Thanks

Sep 09, 2013 #714368 East Islip, New York

Make a complaint with the BBB and http://www.econsumer.gov/english/index.html and tell them that this is what you did. That is when I finally got a full refund. Good Luck!

Sep 09, 2013 #714123 Minneapolis, Minnesota

I ordered a Homecoming dress for my daughter 8/21/13. The dress on their Web page was elegant and my daughter fell in love with it! She chatted with someone on their chat line to verify that the color was soft almost white color and the person who responded said that it was. We received the dress a couple of days ago and it looks completely different from the picture on line! The dress that was sent is a "cheesy" cotton candy colored dress!!! The trim of the dress has some plastic wires hanging from the dress!!!! The company (Fabulous Prom Dress) suggested giving us a $20 credit on our $165.00 purchase and that we keep the dress. All communication is through email there is no phone number. Our contact person FINALLY sent us an address (in China!!!!) that we are sending the dress back to and they will inspect and possibly give us a small credit. :sigh

Nov 01, 2013 #736349

This sounds exactly like what we are going through. It sounds like you ordered almost the same dress as we have: Pearl pink and we we got looks like Bubble gum pink/ cotton candy. The dress has the plastic piping/ wire at the the seam of the skirt and it sticks out in a few places. In addition the fit is all wrong: the length of the dress is not as shown in the picture and the fit around the chest area is all wrong. Impossible to fix. And the the "rhinestones" are cheap plastic large "jewels" that remind me of the ones I used to get for my daughter at Michaels when she was in kindergarten and doing crafts. A joke!!!

Oct 13, 2014 #884107 Danville, Virginia

like I say my mom makes beautiful dresses and gowns but she is 85, she would tech someone with the skills.japan and china, tiawan veitnam forthat matter are out to take our money..any of those materials could be RADIOACTIVE as far as i know!!!!!!

Nov 03, 2014 #894759

Then she can pay $300 instead of $150. That's why everything is made in china. She wanted a $300 dress for $150 and she got it.

0 6

Nov 03, 2013 #737159

hi i sent my dress back to them and still have not heard anything!!! I just filed a complaint with the BBB and am waiting to find anything out. Has anything changed with your situation?

Oct 13, 2014 #884103 Danville, Virginia

clothes manufactoring facility in america if i had a few partners

Sep 05, 2013 #712200 Dallas, Texas

thank you for posting. I will keep trying with my situation!

Jul 14, 2013 #680262

As of today....they are giving me a full refund. So for those of you that think this is ***....get a life

Oct 13, 2014 #884110 Danville, Virginia

what do you mean?-getalife

0 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to FabulousPromDress. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about FabulousPromDress.
Filing a new complaint about